Sunday, September 26, 2010

Adoption Quotes

If you know me, then you know I'm passionate about adoption. Yes, I'm adopted and maybe that was the seed of my interest in it and the deep seated urge to build my family instead of birthing it, but I feel as if it was merely a coincidence. I will answer any questions regarding my own adoption without pause and feel driven to share my tremendously positive experience to overshadow the misconceptions and unwarranted negativity that sometimes stigmatizes the world of adoption. 


I plan to adopt my children. I don't really want to ever give birth at this time (maybe an asteroid will hit me and I'll change my mind, who knows) but as of late I truly feel my family lies outside my own body.  People say, well what if your husband doesn't want to adopt? The answer is that adoption comes with the package that is me. If you are crazy enough to want to be with me the rest of your life, then you will know and have accepted up front that I want to adopt. I won't hide it, or trick any unsuspecting man into it. 


I've been reading numerous adoption blogs and have come across two quotes I thoroughly enjoyed:


"When people ask me why I adopted my kids from a certain country, I tell them because that is where my kids were." 


and



"Adoption feels like genetic connection because it links you directly not only to your own gene pool but to the genes of all humanity, all the way to the roots from which we all originated....Adoption carries the added dimension of connection not only to your own tribe but beyond, widening the scope of what constitutes love, ties, and family. It is a larger embrace." - Isabella Rossellini








...and until the day I bring home my babies, here are my stand-in babies who act just like 2 year olds except they never grow up. 



No comments:

Post a Comment